We look forward to seeing you all soon! Markets will be open every Tuesday beginning March 11th and every Thursday beginning March 13th.
Credit & genuine thanks to artist Amber Bishop for this season’s poster. If you would like to post this colorful reminder of the season in your business window, break room, gathering space or a special community board, please do send us an email with request. Just type “Market season poster” in the subject line.
Small family farmers, ranchers, nursery growers, specialty food producers, mobile food vendors and crafters will begin to join Rogue Valley Growers & Crafters Market in March. Visit our Vendor page in the coming weeks as we update the list of vendors for 2014. We look forward to seeing you all very soon!
Traditional toys and handmade items from local artisans make for unique gifts, give you real value & support your local economy. Join your friends & neighbors in the experience of supporting local merchants in downtown and around town. Cheers!
10 Tips for Local Gift Giving
1. Give the gift of yourself ~ volunteer time, help & skills. See More Info for ways to volunteer with us.
2. Stick to local independent shops & artisan markets – steer clear of chain stores
3. Ask friends where they like to shop local & what markets they attend.
4. Remember art & music are great to share (~ speaking of sharing, spending time with others is a sweet gift to share ~ set a date now to meet up at Market mid-March)
5. Locally made cards from area photographers & artisans are fun to send out
6. Customize gifts for those you love & add homemade treats you make, coupled with specialty food items made by local producers (coffees, teas, pastas, cheeses, artisan baked goods, meats, oils, finishing salts, etc.)
7. “Like” the market on Facebook & watch for posts of product specials and special events on Facebook
8. Think unique. Handcrafted jewelry, art, wooden crafts and pottery may be one of a kind.
9. Give yourself time to choose a memorable gift. It’ll provide lasting impressions.
10. Give the gift of charitable contributions (think gifts given or received) ~ Donate to our “Fresh Rewards” through ACCESS. Local food for local families in need, that’s making a positive impact.
This Thanksgiving bring the flavors of the season to your table, and find the freshest grown produce sourced direct from area farmers. One more Rogue Valley Growers & Crafters Market remains ~ Tuesday Nov. 26th in Ashland (E. Main & Wightman) 8:30-1:30 just days before Thanksgiving. There will be lots of freshly picked produce from area farms and delicious specialty food items for sale (think fresh salad greens, hearty veggies, freshly picked mushrooms for stuffing & sides available from Louie with Mushrooms All Year, flavorful pastas, traditional artisan baked breads and fresh roasted organic coffee to wake up after the big meal and much, much more). Also browse many unique gift ideas for the holidays from area artisans at market. Something for everyone at market. See you there. Cheers!